The 'Learn to Glide' package is a fantastic way to experience how a gliding club operates with all the benefits of full membership for an introductory period of three months and gives a considerable saving on the first year's membership.
The package includes:
- 3 months membership starting from the day of your first flight;
- £350 (non-refundable) credited to your flying account equivalent to:
- 25 five minute flights with winch launches, or
- 8 twenty minute flights with 2000' aerotows, or
- 7 one hour soaring flights with winch launches, or
- any combination of launches and flying time (see )
- a Welcome Pack comprising:
- Welcome Letter giving full details on how to get the best out of your gliding at the club
- Log Book
- Progress Card
- Modern Elementary Gliding Booklet
- Members Handbook and Directory
It usually takes between 60-100 flights to go solo, so this package could send you well on your way to becoming a fully fledged glider pilot*. During this time, you are likely to accumulate around 5 hours flying time; more if you have the good fortune to enjoy some lengthy soaring flights.
When your flying credit has been used up simply top-up your account to cover flying fees as they arise (see ). At the end of the three months you can then join the club as a full member and continue to fly, saving over £35.
Buying a Learn to Glide Package
- We cannot fly anyone who weighs less than 45kg (7 stone), or more than 102kg(16 stone)
- Persons under 1.52m (5') or over 1.88m (6’ 2”) will probably not fit into a glider
188金博网appBefore buying a Learn to Glide, please check our full terms & conditions.
The 'Learn to Glide' Package costs just £350 and you can buy one for yourself or as a present for someone else.
|If you want to buy a Learn to Glide package for yourself or for someone else, please contact the office.|
The Scottish Gliding Centre is a year-round operation with instruction188金博网app available 7 days a week.
WARNING - Gliding is Highly Addictive
The small print
188金博网app*Under current legislation you need to be at least 14 years of age to fly solo. It is probably not worthwhile learning to fly until you are about 13 years old so that you will not get to solo level too long before you can legally fly. If you are under the age of 18 you will need your parent's permission.
Persons much heavier than about 16 stones or unusually tall or short persons may not be able to be accommodated in our gliders. Also there are a few medical conditions which may make it unsafe to fly. If you are uncertain or want to discuss things first please contact188金博网app the club for further information.
Please see our for details of these and other learn-to-fly courses.